Preventative dental health requires only minor procedures to avoid big problems with your teeth and gums. The simplest steps are brushing and flossing, with these steps that you must repeat at least twice a day will greatly benefit your oral health, however the most recommended to ensure that functions well with your mouth is to visit the dentist regularly at least 2 times a year, so you can prevent any situation related to your teeth and mouth.
Gum disease and tooth decay may be generating a yellow color of the teeth, bad breath, dental damage and even tooth loss. Regular dental care can often prevent much of this damage and existing damage can usually be repair. These kinds of cosmetic problems can impact your confidence and make you insecure about your appearance.
In a general check-up, the dentist will do a review of dental plaque and tartar buildup, even take x-rays if necessary, for the caries review. The plaque is a transparent layer of bacteria that can harden and become tartar and it can´t be removed with a simple brushing. Early or mild gingivitis can be detected as well and be treated to prevent the more severe periodontitis. We recommend visiting the dentist for a general cleaning and prevent any situation with your teeth.
Be conscious about eating sweet foods, they should be eaten only at mealtimes. Some chemicals in the saliva help to deal with any sugary residue and acid on your teeth, it is a normal process. It takes about an hour after eating for the acidity in your mouth to return to normal, so if you are eating sweet snacks between meals your mouth may not get much chance to recover and surely will become a tooth decay situation.
Children should be taught good oral hygiene as young as possible. Teeth can be brushed with a soft brush and a small amount of toothpaste twice a day as soon as they appear. We recommend that little children use non fluor toothpaste.
To maintain healthy gums and teeth we must consider the following points:
- Make sure to visit your dentist for your regular checkup, it is the best way to diagnose any situation.
- Change the toothbrush at least every 3-4 months as needed.
- Brush your teeth 2 to 3 times a day for at least 2 minutes.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. The fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel and helps prevent tooth decay.
- Try to avoid sweets and sweetened drinks, to prevent tooth decay.
- Flossing helps us move the plaque between our teeth and gums. Ideally, do it once a day and before brushing.
- Avoid smoking, smokers are more prone to diseases in the gums and teeth.
Our clinic offers all the dental treatments with the best quality and most qualified dentists in Tijuana, visit us.Leave a reply →