Call us at (619) 373-8375

EG Dental Clinic


We’d love to hear from you

We want to know how we can serve you better. Feel free to drop us a note, ask a question about our dental procedures, the price list, to make an appointment, how to travel to Tijuana, or just say hi. We’ll get back to you right away.


Contact Information

Frequently Asked Questions

YES. Believe it or not, but the violent crime rate in Los Angeles, CA is three times higher than Tijuana, and in New Orleans, LA, it is five times higher. Yes there were some problems in Tijuana over five years ago, but things have been back to normal for several years. Currently, there are over 30,000 US citizens living between Tijuana and Ensenada. The high number of American residents is indicative of how safe they feel living here. Unfortunately, US media likes to paint the whole country with the same brush, and hype things out of proportion. The reality is, Tijuana is safer than most major US cities, and the Mexican government has gone the extra mile to insure that tourists to Tijuana are safe and protected. Tijuana is not Juarez!

It is best to have a US passport before you come. Better yet, is to get a passport card, which has a RFID chip, and which allows you to use the fast access Ready Lane to return to the US. Nevertheless, if you have a dental emergency, and can’t wait for a passport to arrive in the mail, don’t hesitate to come on down to Tijuana. There are patients every week who cross into Tijuana with just a US drivers license. Mexico will not ask you for an I.D. when you enter, and US Customs cannot refuse entry back into the US for someone claiming to be a citizen. However, to avoid any hassle, at least have your US drivers license, as well as a secondary I.D. like a birth certificate. An expired passport is still a valid I.D. with US Customs.

Yes. We can always arrange a pick up for a patient at the San Diego airport for patients that are flying in. For local patients, we will meet you at the border and pick you up, at no charge, on the Mexico side. Please read the Border Shuttle page for more information.

The skill level of our dentists is at least as good as any US dentist, and better than many of them. They have a very good education, and here in Tijuana, where there are thousands of US citizens crossing the border every day for dental care, our dentists have a lot of experience. As far as materials, we are using the same materials, purchased in the US. We can say that undoubtedly, you are going to receive a very satisfactory dental experience at our clinic.

Yes, and you will be surprised have nice it looks inside. As for sterilization, our staff follows the same protocols as a US clinic. All instruments are cleaned, sanitized, and placed in an autoclave to sterilize them in a sealed bag. In Mexico, we also have a Health Department, who can come by at any time for an unannounced inspection, and so in order to keep the clinic open, we must comply to the rules at all times.

New Border Crossing Regulations

1.- You must now have a US passport to cross the border:  

Just like the US Government requires everyone crossing the border into the US to have passports, the Mexican Government also now requires all persons crossing into Mexico to have a passport. Things have historically been a little lax, but now they are tightening up on the regulations. Make sure you get your passport before crossing into Mexico, to avoid any delays or hassle, by the US Customs, as well as Mexican Customs.

If you haven’t yet gotten a US Passport, we strongly recommend that you get the “Passport Card”, rather than the “Passport Book”. You can actually apply for both, or either one. But the reason the Passport Card works better than the Book, is because it has the RFID electronic chip, which qualifies you to use the faster moving “Ready Lanes” either as a pedestrian or riding in a car. Here is a link to the government website:

2.- You will need to get a Tourist Visa at the border:  

Pedestrian Crossing: If leave your car parked at the border, and are walking into Mexico, you will need to present your US passport, and fill out a tourist permit form. It will just take 5 minutes. However, make sure you keep your tourist permit on your person. In case you are stopped in Mexico for any reason, you will now have proof that you entered into the country legally. The cost of a tourist permit, to visit Tijuana for a week, is free. But, if you plan to stay for more than a week, plan to return for a second trip, or are thinking of going on to Rosarito or Ensenada, you will need to get the 180 day permit, costing $25.   

Crossing the border by car: If you are stopped in Tijuana, you will need to show that you have legally crossed the border. So, even though you could just drive through Mexican Customs, and they don’t ask you for any documents, don’t neglect to first stop and get your tourist permit. The process will just take a few minutes.

When you first cross into Mexico, do NOT get into the lines of cars that are going through the lanes through for inspection. Rather, keep to the right, and go straight ahead to the area for Voluntary Declaration. Most of the cars going in here, and parking, are stopping to declare products that they purchased in the US, so they can pay the “Importation Tax”. But this is the same area where you will find the “Immigration” office, in order to get your tourist permit. Just park your car next to the others, and go into the building. Inside you will find the Immigration office, and tell them you want a tourist permit. It will be easiest if you just tell them you are coming to visit and shop, otherwise they will ask you for the exact address of the clinic, and hotel address where you are staying. Just a little less hassle.