When you have a broken, decayed or loose tooth, it is often times extracted, leaving a gap in your smile and sometimes eventual bone loss. EG Dental offers you a rewarding solution with a dental implant procedure done in our Tijuana dental clinic. Our English speaking Doctors and staff are experienced and ready to answer questions with availability to schedule new patients quickly.
When you come to Tijuana for your visit, our professional Mexican Dentist will complete an oral exam, view your x-rays to determine whether your jawbone has the proper density and then customize a treatment plan for your dental implant. You may need to have an extraction, and especially if it is a molar tooth most likely need a bone graft. This procedure can be done in about 1 hour per tooth, in which they surgically implant an artificial calcium material that the bone adheres to and grows around. This treatment takes about 45 days for the healing process to be ready for an implant. Our Tijuana dental clinic charges $350 for the bone graft, still much less than the $1200 quoted in the United States.If you lost a tooth some time ago, and the jaw bone is in good shape you will not a bone graft.
The next step is to prepare your jawbone for the implant by opening up the gum using a special machine and screwing in a titanium dental implant that is coated with hydroxylapatite, a mineral that natural dental enamel is comprised of and helps the bone bond to the dental implant. After insertion of the implant, the gum is sutured closed with dissoluble sutures. This procedure takes about 1 hour and 3 to 4 months for the bone to heal and grow to the implant.
To attach the abutment and crown will take 2 visits to the clinic. First, the dentist drills into the titanium implant to attach the abutment. The Mexican dentist will then make an impression of the post and surrounding teeth. The impression is sent to our lab here in Tijuana and generally takes a couple of days for the finished crown to be ready. In some cases, arrangements are made with the lab to have the crown ready to put on the very next day.
Dental implants in Mexico will run you about $1500 with a lifetime guarantee. This same procedure done in the United States will total $4000-$5000, the savings are obvious so why pay more to restore a smile you were born with. To qualify for a dental implant, a patient needs to have healthy gums and enough bone mass to hold the implant firm. They must also be willing to maintain good oral hygiene and keep regular dental visits.
* All of our patients are evaluated on an individual and confidential basis. Whether you are healthy or a heavy smoker; suffer from uncontrolled chronic diseases – like heart disease, or diabetes – or have had radiation therapy to the head/neck area, our Tijuana Dentist will provide you with a Free Exam and advise you on the best affordable care.
The advantages to having a Dental Implant done in Tijuana;
- Convenient because the implant is placed into your jaw permanently and has a 98% success rate.
- Comfortable – fits in like a natural tooth,allowing you to eat and chew without pain.
- Confidence increases as you smile more and speak with no worry of slurred speech or slipping dentures.
- Improved oral hygiene – Allows cleaning between permanent and implanted teeth.