EG Dental Group
5 stars - based on 21 reviews at

One advantage of taking your car into Tijuana, and driving to EG Dental, is that we can supply our patients with a Fast Pass, for returning back across the border. With a Fast Pass, you can take a special medical/dental lane, that takes you to the front of the line, and allows you to get over the border in 15 to 20 minutes.

Instructions for driving to EG Dental

Drive South on either Interstate freeways 5 or 805. The both merge together at the border. As you drive across the border, the traffic will immediately turn right, and go along the border fence, before entering Mexican Customs. Pick a traffic lane, and go through the control lanes. There will be a light that will turn green or red. Red means you will have to stop for inspection, and green allows you to proceed. After you pass through the inspection lane, just follow the rest of the cars out through the exit from Mexican Customs. As you exit customs, follow the signs to go to the ZONA RIO. You will keep in the lanes on the left, and will end up going up a ramp and turning right on to the main thoroughfare. At this point, keep to the right side, and merge to the right.

Ahead you will see a COSTCO. Drive past the COSTCO, and you are now on PASEO de los HEROES, which is the main street. As you continue ahead, you will come to a traffic circle with a statue that looks like the points of a pair of scissors. You will go past this traffic circle, and then two more traffic circles. The third traffic circle has a statue of Abraham Lincoln. Right after you pass Abraham Lincoln, you will see an OFFICE DEPOT store. Turn right just after you pass the Office Depot. After a very short block, on your left, you will see a Pharmacy named, “Farmacia Del Sol”. Just behind the pharmacy, with the main entrance being on the adjacent street, you can’t miss our building, “Medica Norte”.

PARKING: The best place to park is a pay parking lot on your right. Continue 1/2 block past the street where the entrance to our building is located, and you will see the entrance to the pay parking. The cost is $1, (12 pesos), per hour.

Please look at the photos on this page to help you, and follow the Google Maps instructions.

New Border Crossing Regulations:

1.- You must now have a US passport to cross the border:  

Just like the US Government requires everyone crossing the border into the US to have passports, the Mexican Government also now requires all persons crossing into Mexico to have a passport. Things have historically been a little lax, but now they are tightening up on the regulations. Make sure you get your passport before crossing into Mexico, to avoid any delays or hassle, by the US Customs, as well as Mexican Customs.

If you haven’t yet gotten a US Passport, we strongly recommend that you get the “Passport Card”, rather than the “Passport Book”. You can actually apply for both, or either one. But the reason the Passport Card works better than the Book, is because it has the RFID electronic chip, which qualifies you to use the faster moving “Ready Lanes” either as a pedestrian or riding in a car. Here is a link to the government website:


2.- You will need to get a Tourist Visa at the border:  

Pedestrian Crossing: If leave your car parked at the border, and are walking into Mexico, you will need to present your US passport, and fill out a tourist permit form. It will just take 5 minutes. However, make sure you keep your tourist permit on your person. In case you are stopped in Mexico for any reason, you will now have proof that you entered into the country legally. The cost of a tourist permit, to visit Tijuana for a week, is free. But, if you plan to stay for more than a week, plan to return for a second trip, or are thinking of going on to Rosarito or Ensenada, you will need to get the 180 day permit, costing $25.   

Crossing the border by car: If you are stopped in Tijuana, you will need to show that you have legally crossed the border. So, even though you could just drive through Mexican Customs, and they don’t ask you for any documents, don’t neglect to first stop and get your tourist permit. The process will just take a few minutes.

When you first cross into Mexico, do NOT get into the lines of cars that are going through the lanes through for inspection. Rather, keep to the right, and go straight ahead to the area for Voluntary Declaration. Most of the cars going in here, and parking, are stopping to declare products that they purchased in the US, so they can pay the “Importation Tax”. But this is the same area where you will find the “Immigration” office, in order to get your tourist permit. Just park your car next to the others, and go into the building. Inside you will find the Immigration office, and tell them you want a tourist permit. It will be easiest if you just tell them you are coming to visit and shop, otherwise they will ask you for the exact address of the clinic, and hotel address where you are staying. Just a little less hassle.

  • Call us Right Now at (619) 373-8375

    to schedule your appointment, or click the button to send an online appointment request.

Call Now!